Get certified for CPR, First Aid & AED
Are you looking for a job in the security & protection industry? Maybe you’ve already got a position and want to learn new skills, so you can become better at your job? Regardless, you’ve definitely come to the right place.
Learn the skills and abilities to effectively give life-saving CPR techniques as a first responder. During the course an AHA Instructor works with each student to complete their first aid, CPR and AED skills practice and testing.
At Pacific West Academy, we help you by finding relevant training courses that will help you advance your career. We offer a range of security training programs, but we also have medical training as well. With the CPR, First Aid & AED Training course, you’ll soon learn everything you need to know about emergency care, and how to respond to serious incidents.
If this course interests you, then here’s everything you need to know about it:
Who is the CPR, First Aid & AEDaimed at?
This course is aimed at anyone that needs to undergo this specific type of emergency training. We have lots of security professionals taking this course as it’s an essential skill to learn. When you work in an environment with lots of risks, then you need to learn about things like tactical combat casualty care, and how to give emergency CPR.
Essentially, if you’re in a line of work that demands you become a first responder in medical emergencies, then you need to go on this course to learn the relevant skills.
CPR, First Aid & AED Course Overview
On this course, you’ll be put through your paces and taught everything there is to know about emergency medical care. You’ll be taught by an American Heart Association instructor who will give you practical lessons to hone your skills.
You can expect to learn the following on this course:
- Situational awareness of medical emergencies and safety a big part of being a first responder is having good situational awareness of medical emergencies and safety. You’ll be taught what to look for when an emergency arises, and how to deal with it as safe as can be. Knowing how to act and what to look for can be the difference between you saving a life or not.
- CPR procedure for Adult / Child / Infant naturally, CPR is a critical skill that you need to learn when administering emergency care. Therefore, you’ll learn how to do it, with specific emphasis on the correct techniques for adults, children, and infants. This is a skill that every security professional should learn - or anyone that works around large groups of people where something can easily go wrong.
- Basic first aid of course, you need to have some basic first aid skills under your belt. There are many situations that arise where someone around you gets hurt and needs medical assistance. With this training, you will know how to administer first aid and how to ensure that someone is well taken care of.
- AED use for Adult/Child/Infant in very serious scenarios you may need to use an Automated External Defibrillator to give someone a potentially life-saving electric shock. Part of this course is dedicated to ensuring you understand how to operate one of these machines correctly. Not only that, but you’ll know how to use one for adults, children, and infants.
- Skills testing it’s crucial that you don’t just sit through this training course and learn nothing. As a result, each course ends with skills testing to make sure you’ve taken everything on board. This is a chance for you to show you’ve been listening and have the skills needed to be a qualified first responder.
What are the course requirements?
You aren’t required to have any previous training certifications before signing up for this course. However, we do have two specific requirements that need to be met:
- Pass a hands-on skills examination
- Pass written examination
What certification do you receive?
- CPR Certification Card Certified through the American Heart Association
Duration: 6 hours
Get in touch with us today
If you’re looking for a certification that will improve your professional resume, then this emergency medical training course is perfect for you. You will become skilled in the art of CPR, learn how to use an AED, and become a first aid pro. Regardless of your current job, you will benefit from this training course. So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with us today, and we will help you sign up for the next available course.Contact Us View Scheduled Training